Lincoln Trojans' Sepsis Challenge 5K
Thank you to everyone who helped make the first Lincoln Trojans' Sepsis Challenge a success!
The Lincoln Trojans' Sepsis Challenge 5K is a joint effort between Sepsis Alliance, and The Home Plate Booster Club, to raise awareness of sepsis as a medical emergency. Funds raised will be split evenly between the two organizations.
- Registration is $35 for walkers and runners.
- Day-of registration and check-in will open at 8am on Saturday, February 20, and the 5K walk/run will begin at 9am.
- Registration includes an event t-shirt. Register by February 10 to guarantee size. T-shirts for registrations after February 10 are subject to availability, and are on a first come, first serve basis.
- The starting point is the Lincoln Sports Complex at the bridge on Conner Blvd. The run will be on Goose Pond Trail in Tom Brown Park.
- An exhibition softball game, featuring staff from Lincoln High School vs. staff from Capital Regional Medical Center, will begin at 10:30am.
- There will be food and drink for sale at concessions.
Sometimes called blood poisoning, sepsis is the body’s often deadly response to an infection of any kind. Sepsis is a leading cause of death for men, women and children of all ages and wellness levels, in the U.S. and around the world. Sepsis can truly strike anyone at any time—and does so every 20 seconds. Once sepsis sets in, immediate treatment is critical. Patients who do not receive appropriate treatment will die, typically only 48-72 hours after falling ill. Patients and Healthcare providers often fail to recognize the signs of sepsis, starting treatment too late, or even not at all. The millions of lives lost to sepsis every year around the world are often preventable. Saving lives starts with SEPSIS AWARENESS. Sepsis awareness starts with Sepsis Alliance. Visit www.sepsis.org for more information.
Thank you to our sponsors!